Anna and the French kiss (#1)
Author: Stephanie Perkins
*Anna Oliphant - main character. "banana elephant" to her bestfriend amanda.
rashmi devi - josh's gf
etienne st. clair -
meredith chevalier - first person Anna met.
dave higgenbaum - anna's friend who likes her
seany - brother
isis- pet bunny of rashmi
steve carver - chosen leader in le vie
nicole - amanda's friend
susan- st. clair's mother
pounce - basset hound owned by theater owner
mike reynard - dave's friend
Emily Middlestone -
Lola and the boy next door
isla and the happily ever after
Author: Daniel Hadler
Illustrated by: Maira Kalman
Genre: Contemporary, Young Adult
I'm telling you why we broke up, Ed. I'm writing it in this letter, the whole truth of why it happened.
Min Green and Ed Slaterton are breaking up, so Min is writing Ed a letter and giving him a box. Inside the box is why they broke up. Two bottle caps, a movie ticket, a folded note, a box of matches, a protractor, books, a toy truck, a pair of ugly earrings, a comb from a motel room, and every other item collected over the course of a giddy, intimate, heartbreaking relationship. Item after item is illustrated and accounted for, and then the box, like a girlfriend, will be dumped.
(from Wikipedia, visit: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_We_Broke_Up )
*Minerva Green - main character, the storyteller, the dumpee, the victim, the arty/different girl, the one who wrote the letter.
Min is a junior in high school who likes films and wants to be a film director in the future.
-Ed Slaterton - the dumper. the perpetrator of the crime of polygamy,
co-captain of the high school basketball team and Min's ex-boyfriend
- Joan Slaterton - Ed's sister who used to major in film. the chef in the house.
- Al Leopardi - Min's bestfriend who totally gets her. they share the same love for coffee, old foreign films and they make complicated italian meals.
**spoiler: does al secretly likes her?
- Lauren - Min's other bestfriend
- Annette - The ex who talks to Min
- Jillian - The ex who wants attack Min
Visit these site to share why you broke up ala Min and Ed:
daughter of smoke and bone (#1)
Author: Laini Taylor
Official Website: daughterofsmokeandbone
Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.
In a dark and dusty shop, a devil’s supply of human teeth grows dangerously low.
And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.
Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real, she’s prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands", she speaks many languages - not all of them human - and her bright blue hairactually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she’s about to find out.
When beautiful, haunted Akiva fixes fiery eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?
PLOT SUMMARY: (*spoilers alert*)
(caution: do not continue if you haven't read the book yet)
Thurmond - school
Idiopathic Adolescent Acute Neurodegeneration—IAAN
Blue - levitation
green - good at puzzle
red - flames
orange - command geass
Psf - psi special officer
the factory/the warehouse
White Noise—Calm Control,
children's league - antigovt. group.
John Alban - founder of children's league
GRACE SOMERFIELD - (mentioned)first one to die of IAAn in school
michael Everhart (mentioned)- 1st ever to die of dse.
Josh Preston - (mentioned) - fainted once at school
Ben Cho, tess (mentioned)
vanessa - cabinmate
Psi Special Forces commander, Joseph Traylor
Dr. cate Begbie. I’m a volunteer with the Leda Corporation.
the grinch ( aka)
Clancy Gray,- first inmate at thrumond
ashley - older girl at thurmond
rachel, macey (girls at thurmond)
norah jenkins - sarah's true name
Cate Connor - dr. begbies aka
- Children are dying and pres. Gray and govt. have created program to keep the survivors alive. But the truth is, they are afraid of them. they are put into thurmond. she saw the children classified by color. a boy whispered something to one of PSF and she killed herself. the boy was put to stop and had orange x drawn on her clothes.
- ruby was put into a room to know her classification. she felt memories of the examiner rushing in her. she said that she is green. they were put into one of the house. they grew in numbers through time. she met sam there.
- ruby had been staying at thurmond for 5 years.
- the dangerous were moved to a different place.
- in 2 years at thurmond, they built the factory.
- the girls are working on the shoes of PSF's. one psf noticed that ruby was doing it wrong and reprimanded her and even spilling all the finished ones saying the lace is wrong. sam defended her and said that it is her work and she gets punished for it.
- when sam gets back, they fought that ruby never fight for herself. she touched sam's shoulder and a rushed of memories came to her. she then saw sam's blank face like what her mother wore before. sam forgot who she is. and she said ruby.
for nearly a year, that's the last thing she said.
- ruby is in the infirmary. she haven't spoken for 8 mos. she talked to dr. begbie. she left a note that says that she is a friend and she will help her escape. the camp controllers might have known that she is not a green since she have bad reaction to the white noise. she said to swallow the pills and follow her instructions.
- sam still can't remember her, she already got a new friend vanessa. they started storytelling to amuse themselves. ruby grabbed her pills and drank them. she woke up with dr. begbie and dr. rogers. dr. rogers and ruby exchanged clothes while dr. rogers hid. they escaped.
they were given a choice to stay or not and ruby said that she is ok to go anywhere but home
we were liars
Windemere House on Beechwood Island,
Windemere for Penny, Red Gate for Carrie, and
Cuddledown for Bess.
Cadence Sinclair Eastman/cady
Tipper and Harris Sinclair.- grandparents
AND Bess (mirren's mom)
ME, Jonathan Sinclair Dennis/JOHNNY- bounce
Mirren Sinclair Sheffield- sugar, curiosity
Gatwick Matthew Patil- ed's nephew
ed - art dealer, new husband of aunt carrie
taft - mirren's brother
twins - liberty and bonnie (mirrens)
will - johnny's brother
raquel - gat's gf
Bosh, Grendel, Poppy, Prince Philip, and Fatima(5
uncle brody - bess's former husband
uncle jonathan - aunt carrie's former husband
peppermill - dog that died
Ginny and Lucille
Drake Loggerhead - mirren's imaginary bf
“Princess Butterscotch - barbie
Ginny is the housekeeper. Paulo is the gardener
Richard Thatcher. - granddad's lawyer
fatima and prince philip
cadence's father left them. they threw away all
his gifts and went to beechwood island.
the four became friends. they are called the liars.
gat and cady became close. gat said that cady is pretty.
I am not talking about fate. I don’t believe in destiny or soul mates or the supernatural or any of that stuff. I just mean we understood each other. All the way.
But we were only fourteen. I had never kissed a boy, though I would kiss a few the next school year, and somehow we didn’t label it love.
Gat, my Gat. He had picked me a rose from our favorite walking place. He had hung it to dry and waited for me to arrive on the island so he could give it to me.
I had kissed an unimportant boy or three by now.
I had lost my dad.
I had come here to this island from a house of tears and falsehood
and I saw Gat,
and I saw that rose in his hand,
and in that one moment, with the sunlight from the window shining in on him, the apples on the kitchen counter,
the smell of wood and ocean in the air,
I did call it love.
It was love, and it hit me so hard I leaned against the screen door that still stood between us, just to stay vertical.I wanted to touch him like he was a bunny, a kitten, something so special and soft your fingertips can’t leave it alone. The universe was good because he was in it.
I loved the hole in his jeans and the dirt on his bare feet and the scab on his elbow and the scar that laced through one eyebrow. Gat, my Gat.
summer 15, cady realized that she was in-love with gat. she thought that the rose gat picked is for her but she realized its not
- cady learned of gat's gf raquel. she cried all night but held her chin up the next day
- gat talks about his travel in india and how people there don't have anything even food. the 3 told him to shut up. gat walked out and cady realized that she need to follow him or else he will forever be gone in their life. in her life. she followed him in the water and they held hands.johnny and mirren followed.
- gat called on cady and asked to hold her hand.
“The universe is seeming really huge right now,” he told me. “I need something to hold on to.”
- gat talked to cady about believing in God. gat said he doesn't belivee anymore because of what he saw that no one is protecting the weak and poor. he is asking on how to be a good person if he can't believe in god. this caused a rift in his rel. with his mother.
- gat said that he loved cady. they kissed but cady's granddad walked in on them.
- granny tipper died. cady remembered her time with her.
- the sinclair do not discuss the things that left them. they just smile wide but gat never understood this and would constantly mention gone people offhandedly.
- cady swam in the water alone. she was found by her mother. she's sick with hyporthermian and they brought her to the hospital. gat never called.
cady tried to get info. from johnny but he never replied. cady bailed on him without exp. he just left.
- cadence started to feel pain after the accident. the doctors don't know whats wrong with her. they just give her meds. they later diagnosed her with post traumatic headaches. she will not die. it will just hurt.
- cadence went with her dad in europe. she messaged the liars.
- cadence gives something she owns everyday.
- cadence googled traumatic brain injury and selective amnesia is one of the consequence. she don't want people to know that she is still like that after all the scans and appointments. she wants to know what happened at the 15th summer.
she asked her mother all the time but her mother is sick of her question because she just repeats them almost everyday. she decided to just the write the letter in paper.
- cadence will go with her father for summer 17 in au and nz but cadence dont want to go.her grandad visited her and give her 3 flowers for forgiveness. her mother cancelled the au trip and she will go to beechwood for 4 weeks and go to colorado with her dad after. her mom talk to her aunts. cadence give things away. she gave away gat's hunting jacket because she does not love him and he does not love her.
-cadence arrived at beechwood. she is feeling sad at first because they tore down clairmont and the tree is gone but her mother caught her and she regained herself. she saw the liars.
- the liars get together and talked about life.cadence does not want to answer questions about her.
- gat and cadence talked. gat said that he thought he'll never get to see cadence again. she wanted to ask why he did not write or call but she didn't. they held hands like 2 summers ago.
- mirren said sorry about not receiving the barbie and not wrting emails back. gat came for cadence and she was angry of what he's doing. that she disappeared in 2 years. gat said he wants to start over.
- gat and cadence kissed but gat pulled back because he said that cady does not know him. Him that is outside beechwood. gat said that her grandad thinks he is like heathcliff in wuthering heights. the poor boy taken in by the rich and took their catherine. in the end, heathcliff becomes a monster. gat thinks that his grandad turns out to be right.
“If you want to live where people are not afraid of mice, you must give up living in palaces.”
- cady and her grandad went to edgartown. he is like his old self again. they bumped into richard t, the lawyer, her grandad know that she is not mirren and talks good things about her
- cady remembered the time she is talking with her grandad about ivory and how he does not take no for an answer. they fought when cady suggested they donate it, her granddad said that she should not tell him how to dispose his money
- “A part of me died,” he says. “And it was the best part.”- granddad
- gat wants to start over again because of what happened to them. cady does not want that. Gat suggested they become friends instead until things are not a big deal anymore. cady should act normal.
- cady and mirren went to edgartown. Cady remembered something. about the books, about the clam shack. she was asking questions to mirren about gat. why he left and never called, why he's upset he does not know his apt. and how he didn't know the staff. mirren said that she can't fix it. cady and mirren went back home and got reprimanded by her mother.
- the liars are together. cady asked if they plan their funerals like huck was able to hear eulogies about himself. they ventured on planning cady's handball party instead because its not morbid.
- cady talked to johnny about summer 15. he said that he don't want to be that guy since he still has raquel. johnny said that cady should just find a guy with muscles.
-cady and gat are talking. she learned that the trip to europe is paid by his granddad. she dont understand why her father took the money and whyher mother did not come. gat said that she wants people to pity her because of the things she says and she should not because she is lucky. Cady disagrees and tell her that she wants to kill herself to stop the pain. gat then hugged her. cady loves gat.have always loved him.
- cady and mirren talked. mirren said that she will just hurt gat in the end but cady does not
want to stop because she loves gat so much. cady learned that mirren lied.she doesnt have a bf.
she's just envious when gat looked at cady. Cady's supply of meds is running out and this knocks her out for migraine in 2 days. when she get back, the liars said that they went out but cady sensed that they are lying.
- gat told cady the story of what happened. 2 summers ago gat has a gf but she fell for cady.they kissed again. the migraine lessened but not all. gat said that he is a contradiction and that he wants things he can't have.
- cady had a memory of aunt carrie crying. She asked mirren about it be she does not answer. She asked why mirren is not going anywhere except in cuddledown and if she has agoraphobia but mirren was defensive.
- cady remembered that they burned clairmont island.all 4 of them. the liars burned not a home but a symbol to the ground.
- cady went to johnny and tell her the things she remembered. it was not complete. johnny tells her that the aunties dont want to to speak anymore. they are quarelling everyday about everything. the house. gran's things. johnny's mother is pushing him to be the heir and earn granddad's favor. cady remembered bits of the times that her mother asked her to write things to granddad. asking of certain things of him.
- granddad asked cady about the house and to be able to keep it, she know that she should say good things to her granddad so her mom would be pleased but cady was tired of it. she said that it was too big and left. her mother and her aunties was still dependent on granddad eventho they had the best education and connection, they still end up unable to support themselves.
- cady and her mother fought because she did not back her up to keep the house. cady is angry that no one is doing any good with the money they have and just fights with the others. she wants her to stand up to granddad so that he will not manipulate them. she said that he is just doing that because he is dad that gran is gone. her mother threatened that if she do not do as she says she will send her to colorado with her father and she will not see her bf.
- cady and gat talked. gat said that harris never calls him his name and that he is racist. he does not want him to be with cady. they talked about carrie and how he will be disinherited if he marries ed. they kissed and cady felt like she knew everything about him
- cady rememebered the time from summer 15 that she heard the aunties having a discussion about the house and how carrie have not earned his dad's favor because he lived with ed adn chose to bring gat all summer even if he is not part of the family. cady and gat remained silent
- the liars are pushed again. johhny was asked by granddad to interfere with carrie's lovelife but he will not do it even if he took out his college fund. carrie told gat to stop coming to meals to not rile up harris. merrin was asked by her mother to push for windmere and say bad things to cady and johnny but she will not do it
“Grow up, Cadence. See the world as it is, not as you wish it would be.” - penny
cady was asked to break it off with gat but she will not do it. that night they took the ivory from the houses and smashed them.
- cady heard the aunties talking to granddad. he said that he will not tolerate their broken homes and disrespect for tradition anymore. this made the aunties angry and people started leaving the island. then, the liars decided to burn the clairmont house. the house was a symbol of patriarchy and if it is gone they could be a family again.
And yes, we were stupid drunk, and yes, we thought they’d rip the family apart and I would never come here again. We figured if the house was gone, and the paperwork and data inside it gone, and all the objects they fought about gone, the power would be gone.”-gat
We should not accept an evil we can change. - cady
cady remembered the time they set the house on fire. cady and gat are crying because they will not see each other again the same way. they thought that they could be heroes by forcing them to change and be a family. they talked to johnny and mirren and convinced them.
- the liars are talking on what they did. cady is proud and said that they were able to make something happen and that the family started over. but carrie is wandering the island at night and bess is cleaning everything until her hand is raw and penny watches her while she sleep and watches what she eats.gat said that the new clairmont is a self punishment just like how gady gave away her things.
-cady confronted her mother why she told eeryone not to talk to her about the fire. they fought again. cady and mirren read all the notes that cady sent to mirren. some are charming and some are pitiful. cady remembered that the dogs fatima and philip died in the fire and they are the ones at fault. gat saw her. cady learned that there is more she should remember. cady wants to know what happened why they arent together but gat did not say. he said sorry for doing all that he did. cady said i love you but he did not answer and walked away.
(after accident, 15th summer)
-cady was at the hospital and her hands and feet were bandaged because they were burned.
the truth as granddad knows it is that mirren, gat and johnny died on a fire accident brought by jug of motorboat fuel that overturned in the mudroom. cadence was present on the scene and tried to rescue them afterwards she called the fire dept. when they arrived she was curled in a ball half underwater and cannot be questioned because of head injury. they held funerals for them. the next summer the sinclair family came back to beechwood. they drank a lot and mourned and fell apart. they made a new house from the ashes.
cadence had no memory about the fire and have selective amnesia. she believe she had head injury because of swimming. the doctors advice that they stop explaining what happened to her and let her remember in her own time. she should not return to beechwood until she heals. cadence went back to school but dyed her hair and get rids of the stuff even sentimental ones. the 2nd year she expressed desire to go back to beechwood. they agreed to let her to finish her healing.
cady remembered everything. how they drank and decided to light the house on fire. how each were given a floor to light. no one was able to get out. she tried to save them but all is in vain. she remembered everything and how stupid she is. she thought that they could have patient and just wait until college when they have drivers license. she mourned for the aunties and to all that lost their brother or sister.
cady cried for all her complaints, all the possesion she gave away masquerade as charity.
cady knows that the aunties hug not because they are free from the weight of the clairmont house but because of empathy to each other.
she remembered johnny,mirren, and gat and their dreams and who they are.
Mirren, I can’t even say sorry. There is not even a Scrabble word for how bad I feel.-cady
cady feel like it is all her fault but still they have loved her. she needed them and that is why they are there.
- the liars said they can't stay anymore. they bid goodbyes and the 3 of them dive or something and cady was all alone.
- cady cleaned cuddledown and made picture of his liars. gat reading a book. mirren dancing and johnny with a snorkel holding a crab.
- cady have loved and lost her best loves in the world and for a time they are the only thing abaout her but there must be more. there is more.
One extraordinary love.
Eleanor... Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough...Eleanor.
Park... He knows she'll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There's a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes her want to keep promises...Park.
Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try
* thank you Rainbow for mentioning Filipino. i've always loved to see that in print. my very own nationality
eleanor and park
mouse/jermiah - 5
maisie - 9
the baby - little richie
Tonya - dog rotweiller
Mr. stessman - English Professor
Steve - bully from school
Tina - one of the bus demons\
Junior - (mentioned) senior
Paul (mentioned) chinese kid
Mrs. dunne - counselor
Mrs. Burt - gym teacher
Eric (mentioned partnet in english)
Kim - has a crush on Park
mother - sabrina - eleanor's mother
Annette - Tina's friend
Mr. Koenig - Park's gym teacher.
father - jaime
Albert Lea, Minnesota.
Eleanor is a new kid. shes living with her mother and siblings and her new dad Richie. she was on the bus and got nowhere to sit while everybody made fun of her because of her weight and weird clothes when an Asian kid named Park let her sit beside him. they do not talk but there is the usual awkwardness everytime they go home. the bullying continues at school and at home eleanor still have problems with her stepfather. eleanor would read the comics or eavesread the comic that Park brought. one day, at her stop, Park gave her the comics they were reading. park gave her sets of comics to read at home and the silence they have at the bus is less confrontational now. he noticed the words written in her notebooks and saw a song by the smiths. Eleanor explained that they are her wishlist which are things she found interesting and have not heard of any smith song yet. Park made a mix tape for her of the Smiths and brought x-men comics books.
‘Because …’ he said quietly, looking at his desk, ‘because people want to remember what it’s like to be young? And in love?’
Eleanor's mother got beaten by her stepdad but she couldn't do anything. at the bus, park gave her the tape but eleanor can't take it because she doesn't have a cassette player. park took his own and let her listen to the smiths using his device. now, eleanor have finally listened to the Smiths. at gym, she was bullied by other girls when they put pads on her locker even in her clothes. this made her cry. 2 girls helped her out. Eleanor realized that she like s Park because eventhough a lot of things happened, all she wanted was to see Park again. Eleanor and Park started talking. Eleanor told her how much she loved the tapes and x-men. Park visited Eleanor at her house to read the new edition of Watchmen. once finished, Park wanted to continue being with Eleanor. park kissed Eleanor's hand. Eleanor received a call from his dad to watch matt and she'll get paid for babysitting. Eleanor agreed. at English, Eleanor was smiling wildly for Park
Then he slid the silk and his fingers into her open palm.
And Eleanor disintegrated.
eleanor and park's first time to hold hands. eleanor would be babysitting at her father's house and eleanor would get to use the phone and call Park. She got his number through memorizing it at the tune of a song. Park saw the bad notes written for Eleanor. Park is angry of people bullying Eleanor but he also feel like they are making fun of him too. in those moments, he felt like he wants to back off from what they have. Eleanor memorized Park's number by heart but he still insisted that he wrote it hidden behing songs. in the end, Eleanor just gave her her Father's number which he'll contact if she have not received a call from Eleanor. Park is angry all throughout the day not only because they embarass Eleanor but he is alos affected. Eleanor arrived at his Father's house, she can't wait for his father to go away so she can start eating. she decided to give park a gift. the gift of Beatles.
Park's parents learned of her gf Eleanor through Tina. Eleanor and Park spoke about things they can't talk about in the bus. Eleanor told Park what he meant to her.
‘I don’t like you, Park,’ she said, sounding for a second like she actually meant it. ‘I …’ –her voice nearly disappeared – ‘sometimes I think I live for you.’
‘I don’t think I even breathe when we’re not together,’ she whispered. ‘Which means, when I see you on Monday morning, it’s been like sixty hours since I’ve taken a breath. That’s probably why I’m so crabby, and why I snap at you. All I do when we’re apart is think about you, and all I do when we’re together is panic. Because every second feels so important. And because I’m so out of control, I can’t help myself. I’m not even mine anymore, I’m yours, and what if you decide that you don’t want me? How could you want me like I want you?’
Eleanor went home and was only given 7 dollars for babysitting. richie and the family went to watch a movie. Park heard her mom and grandmother talking about Eleanor, he felt the need to defend her against what they are saying but was not able to do that. Eleanor lied to her parents that she can go to a friends house named Tina. Eleanor went to Park's house but left early, she felt like she does not belong there. Park and Eleanor are talking about what happened but the kids in bus are chanting go big red for eleanor.Park is annoyed and Eleanor tried to stop him telling him that what he will do is not for her but for himself. Park cannot contain himself and lounged at Steve.park said that they cannot tell those mean things to his gf. Park used taekwondo against Steve and broke his teeth. they are both suspended for the fight. eleanor visited Park at his house. everyone knew at school the reason Park beat steve. Park and his mom fought over Eleanor because she said she is not a good girl and Park defended her. he was sent to his grandparents house to cool down. when he got back he is not grounded anymore.
- eleanor heard gunshots and decided to call the police in neighbors house. her mother told eleanor that it is just a misunderstanding and sent the police away. richie just fired his unlicensed gun to the people playing basketball. park noticed that something is bugging eleanor but she does not want to share it. eleanor reminisced on the day that she was sent away from the house. she stayed for 1 year with the Hickmanns. eleanor have nowhere to go even if she wants to. eleanor came over Parks house again. park and eleanor kissed for the first time hidden behind the bushes. park said that if they are going to hang out they should do homework. park saw mean things written in eleanor's book. he thought those things are already over. he wanted to help her. he wants eleanor to figure out who is doing the writings. eleanor thought it could be tina but park thinks tina could not do that. eleanor learned that they used to go out during 6th grade. park asked eleanor if she did the writings herself. Eleanor got irritated and walked out. Park realized that one of the reasons he defended tina is that not because he is caring but because it was nice the popular girl like him sometimes and this just makes him shallow. eleanor didnt go to school the next day. park was ready to apologize but eleanor never came. he said sorry in front of her house. eleanor was dissapointed that park defended tina. she tried to remember their kiss and how she believed him when he said that she is special.
- park's father asked him if they broke up. he said that he can't even get her to talk to him. eleanor almost told her mother about Park but did not. Park biked in front of eleanor's house all the time but still can't get to her. eleanor and the kids received presents from Richie. eleanor was thinking of going over to parks house but it is christmas eve and eventhough park thinks that he writes herself threats. park saw eleanor while shopping for xmas food but park did not talk to her. park's mom have a present for eleanor. she talked about Korea and how she have a big family. park went to eleanor's house. they kissed on the school where they read watchmen together. park and eleanor talked about eleanor's family. eleanor's family had good food set up and everyone is enjoying until Richie became angry again.
- eleanor visited Park again the next day and brought him his present of catcher in the rye.park gave eleanor a necklace.they were playing cards and park learned that eleanor is part danish and part scottish. park wanted an open relationship, he said that he can handle the truth. park told call that he and eleanor are going out. park's dad told eleanor that she has standing invitation in dinner. park's mom had a good idea to do a makeover to eleanor. eleanor cried and was not happy because she felt like its a fake face. park used makeup at school. park's dad got angry because she looked like a girl with it but park did not get bullied as much at school. park thinks that his father does not like him because he is not like him. maisie and ben knows that eleanor already have a bf. they want to come with her but eleanor didn't let them. they want to borrow the makeup and comics instead. park and his dad mostly ignores each other. he feels like his father's love is obligatory and so he continues to wear makeup at school.
- eleanor and park goes to parks room to listen to the music he just bought. they kissed and was holding each other when one of the tapes crack. eleanor decided to go home.
eleanor wants park to touch her but she is afraid of her body which is like those of a walrus and would make park hate her. eleanor lost her clothes during gym. Mrs. Burt found them in the toilet and wants her to get it out. she would go to the counselors office but before she got there Park saw her. Mrs. Dunne drove her home but she can't still face Park. Park can't get Eleanor in a gymsuit out of his mind. the dress is too tight she is like betty boop. he didn't even asked Eleanor how she is. Park is very much guilty. eleanor visited Park. they kissed and park couldn't control himself. park is touching her in all the places she's afraid to be touched and she feel embarassed. Park felt like he'd gone too much but Eleanor touched her suddenly but softly. Park told Eleanor that he loves her.
park learned why eleanor is sad that time because of his clothes. Richie asked where she spent her christmas money and she said she bought a necklace,.
everybody knew what happened to eleanor and beebi and denice said that she can't eat lunch alone anymore. park got his driver's license. he showed eleanor and she wants to have a picture of him with a note at the back. park gave him a pciture and got their picture taken at park's house.
- her mother talk to her about how she is smart about boys and brave. park and eleanor went out and park drove. they went on their first date.
The world rebuilt itself into a better place around him.)
Park asked Eleanor to go to prom with him. eleanor said she'll go next year but in her mind she can't because she can't tell her mom and because the dress is expensive. eleanor and park almost went to homerun but they stopped at 2nd base. eleanor went inside the house and her things are scattered and someone had written on his box that he knew about them and that he knew that eleanor is a whore. Eleanor decided to run away. she ends up in steves house. tina is there. she was led inside but eleanor realized that the writings in her books are done by his stepdad and he will kill him. she would like to go away but she should tell park first. eleanor told park what happened. she said that she'll go to her uncle's at Minnesota. park wants to drive her to minnesotta even if he was grounded for life. Eleanor was afraid for her siblings but she can't do anything. Park's father saw him as he was sneaking but did not stop their plan. he's only condition is to take the truck.
eleanor and Park are travelling to go to Eleanor's uncle's house. they stopped and talked whether they still have a chance and Park assured her that whatever happens he will love her.
‘But it’s up to us …’ he said softly. ‘It’s up to us not to lose this.’- eleanor
‘Is it easy?’ she asked him when he got back in the truck.
‘Like Sunday morning,’ he said. ‘We’re really close.’
You saved my life, she tried to tell him. Not forever, not for good. Probably just temporarily.
But you saved my life, and now I’m yours. The me that’s me right now is yours. Always.
park and eleanor arrived at her uncle's house. they said their goodbyes.for the moment and not forever.
park waited in the truck some time before he left. hoping that eleanor would change her mind and let him come in but she didnt. he wrote eleanor a letter after he arrived home.
eleanor was received warmly by her aunt. she wanted park to come inside but when she went out park was already gone. she wrote a letter to her mother asking her to think about her kids.
Eleanor wanted to write Park a letter but she can't summon the courage to let him go.
Park was a wreck. he would sometimes go to eleanor's house. hating what it stood for. he stopped sending the letters to eleanor but he continued writing them.
one day, he went to the house again and saw eleanor's stepdad. he hated him so much he wanted to kill him but he didn't. he kicked the ground and sprayed mud and ice on Richie's mouth but he didn't get up and Park decided to leave.
the letter stopped coming from Park.
park went to prom with cat. he fell asleep when he was woken by his father. he received a postcard from eleanor. Park smiled and something heavy winged off from his chest. it is not a letter and has only 3 words written on it.
robin (girl)- from schnectady, a velma
Mr. McAllister - creeepy elevator man
Bruce the second
Bruce the first
Gabriel - cute guy
kelly (mentioned) - bruce 1 sister
sue/susan -elys mom
/ginny? - 2nd ely mom ?
cutie pie - chihuahua
Lisa (mentioned) - Gabriel's first love
shaun - linebacker
neal -f2m transitioning
no kiss list
1. donnie weisberg
3. alexander - cousin of naomi
4. alexandra - ely's cousin
6. guy in 15b
naomi and ely are friends eventhough they had problem with their parent being together which ruined naomi's family. ely's family got back together. naomi lies about everything even to his bf bruce the 2nd when he tells him they can have sex because all naomi wanted was fro ely to go first just like what the promised of marriage they made when they are younger. they have a no kiss list to make sure that each other would not get jealous and ruin their friendship.
they saw hot gabriel and immediately put him in the list. ely confessed on kissing naomi's bf bruce the second.
- bruce the second
bruce was wating for naomi but she still not there. bruce sometimes feel awkward and jealous that even though he is the bf he will never be naomi's true dance partner in life.ely saw hima and let him inside his house instead. they laughed about a jokes. they lie side by side while listening to music. he said the he liked ely. they looked at each other and ely leaned in and kissed him. he left and would have to decide who he have to call between the two
-bruce the first
Bruce likes naomi and it is his mission to get her back since the time she was seven and she showed him her underwear. after 10 years, naomi kissed him. he believes that naomi is not evil. he can't sleep and is an insominac.the bruces have thier meeting. the other bruce came in the lobby and he said hes not sure who he wants to see. bruce the first wants to know what happened.
bruce came to visit ely. before they can proceed to talk more, naomi came for him to borrow a belt. bruce hid in the closet. they went to the party. ely promised that he'd be back early. ely cant tell naomi the truth
naomi feels like ely is lying to her because of the gum which she knows that bruce the 2 usually use. naomi told ely she does not want to go the party with him anymore and would go with bruce the first instead.
ely told naomi the truth that he likes bruce.naomi went away with bruce the first
- naomi went to her place and cried about the ely problem. she is a velma and not troubled by such problems. naomi received text msg. from gabriel the doorman abot his gig and they went there
- bruce is questioning why he's still in ely's room and waiting. he was not supposed to like guys and he felt as naomi mentioned that ely is a boyslut. ely came back and they talked about why they are mutant. he touched his titanium skull and grazed his hair. he is amazed that what he feels could be love.
naomi is on the bench. gabriel is on the other bench. he asked naomi for breakfast but naomi declined and heads home beferoe ely wkaes up
- ely and naomi are still not speaking to each other. bruce the first brought the list of things they are not allowed to do. bruce and him are taking it slow. ely saw naomi in the mailroom and instead of goin to the elevator like the rules that naomi gave her, he went there instead. they fought.
- kelly created bingo day in the building for a study in school but it continued on. she feels like there is 2 groups who have different sides between ely and naomi. she is on naomi side because of Bruce 1 so she can protect him from her. the other bruce won bingo and ely and him kissed. naomi saw them. naomi then kiss bruce one. kelly called her on it and asked her How she would feel if someone she liked teased her into thinking they had a relationship they in fact don’t have?” this made naomi think and said that she loves bruce but not how he wants her to love him. she said that bruce should move on. ely then kissed bruce2 intensely. naomi said that she has the strabucks on the waverly and went away. kelly saw gabriel wanting to comfort her.
naomi has a lot of thoughts. she is tired of a lot of things
gabriel liked Naomi the first time that she saw her in her graduation robes because she made him hope. he mentioned Lisa her first love and her mother's nurse. Gabriel wants to be her boyfriend.
bruce the Second
bruce and ely went to a smell museum. bruce told ely what happened early in the morning and that his mother now knew they are together and that he's not straight. ely told bruce that he is proud to be his kind of bf.
naomi and ely met at starbuks to bring back each other's things.since naomi does not speak but one line, Ely also will give her nothing back.
Bruce 1 get to talk with Bruce about his love for Ely. They got along well..
robin believes they are only friends with robin girl but he learned afterwards when she already hated him that he wants her. he talked to anomi to help him. they talked in the bench.she said that she does not like him anymore and he said that he will still love her eventhough that's the case.
Naomi's mix tape is full of bad music.he asked her what her fave music is and she said that it is the Kristy Mccoll song.
bruce the second
bruce and ely went to a club. ely showed his dick to the bouncer to get bruce in. this makes bruce pose a lot of question to himself. he felt like he is needy and he is confused why they haven't had sex yet and how he is uncool.ely sang "idont want to wait" onstage and bruce know that he doesn't want to wait either. bruce went to the bathroom and wrote a note that he wants bruce but he doesn't know if he can be right for him because he's uncool and afraid. bruce felt like an outisder and went outside without saying goodbye to ely
naomi will try to move on. gabriel asked her to go to starbucks. she made a list better experieiced without Ely.
she asked robin how sex felt like since she haven't done it yet. naomi realized that she and ely should not do it and that it will look awkward. she realized that mourning has to end for both she and her mom.
ely had a meetin with his group regarding bruce's vanising. he recounts what happened int he club. they only had 2 conversations and both of them rushed and he hadn't made an effort to come back. ely wanted bruce wot be different since he is an f&r man(fuck and run) so in Bruce he waited.
"You’re giving up. You’re slipping into being miserable, because if you’re miserable, then it’s all about you again. But it’s not all about you. Love doesn’t work that way.”
ely figured out that it is never easy. that things that matter are not easy and would do something to make things better.
"No. No no no no. It is not easy. Things that matter are not easy. Feelings of happiness are easy. Happiness is not. Flirting is easy. Love is not. Saying you’re friends is easy. Being friends is not."
"I’m saying it to all of them. But really, I’m saying it most to Shaun. To Bruce. To Naomi. Not because I think it’s all my fault—I know it’s not all my fault. I guess I’m sorry is a way to say I want it to be better. Even if it’s difficult. Even if it hurts. I have to stop hiding behind who I am. I have to stop hiding behind the things other people expect from me and the things I expect from myself. I have to try."
naomi felt like all his future expectaions is the hard part since they are all fantasy now. she alwasy thought that she and ely would get married. she feel like this is the same with her mother who also can't let her father go.
It’s as if Mom somehow expects a magic potion will come along and fix this lie we’re living in; ’til then, she’ll sleep.
naomi wants her mom to move on. she wakes her up and tells her that he is not coming back. she was able to get her mom to action. she knows that she should take ely back and do something but its a step at a time
ely is waiting by the stairwell where he and anomi hangs out and reminising on thier memories.
Life tells you to take the elevator, but love tells you to take the stairs.
naomi and ely reconciled. ely tells naomi that she screwed it up with bruce and naomi thinks hse screwed it up with Gabriel too. naomi tells her that she is failing and she might drop out ouf NYU and move away to a different place for her mom not to be trapped in a job she does not like. he asked naomi if they are ok and she says that they are. she goads him to get back bruce.
naomi wanted to kiss Gabriel but he did not kiss her back instead says there is a better time for that after a date first. he instead kissed him at the back of his neck. ely chickened out with their plan so naomi went to his house to get him moving. she will be moving out and have to be ready for that. she will work in starbucks at the meantime and would want gabriel to see her in just her apron in the future.ely went to bruce the second's place.
I think about that as I head over to Bruce’s, and I think that as hard as we try, it still sometimes feels like we all speak different languages. Even if we share all the same words, meanings can be different. And the mistake isn’t in speaking the different languages, but in ignoring the fact. I thought Naomi and I had perfectly matched up our vocabularies and our definitions. But that’s just not possible. There are always meanings that are different, words that are heard differently than they’re said. There’s no such thing as a soulmate . . . and who would want there to be? I don’t want half of a shared soul. I want my own damn soul.
I think I’m going to learn to appreciate the word close. Because that’s what Naomi and I are. We’re close. Not all the way there. Not identical. Not soulmates. But close. Because that’s as far as you should ever get with another person: very, very close.
That’s what I want with Bruce, too.
I want to be close.
ely is at bruce the second's place. he explained to him why they haven't slept together and explained that he wanted to wait. in life, people see the worst in themselves and they need someone they trust to tell otherwise. once he got home, he tells gabriel that he should be good to naomi. at home, he sees naomi sleeping in his bed. he tells her that it went well. their knees touch and this is the closest they can be.
Friendship is love as much as any romance. And like any love, it’s difficult and treacherous and confusing. But in the moment when your knees touch, there’s nothing else you could ever want. they said goodnight to evreryone.
If you’re lucky—and if you try really hard—there will always be more than one.
life in the eyes of maxon before the selection started. Maxon was really anxious for it to start. He learned that the girls were handpicked by his father for certain qualities and uses and some of the girls were throwaway picks to make it seem random. he avoided seeing the girls as was the rule and decided to go out at night when everyone was in their bed. she met America and he was different from what he expected. he enjoyed talking to her. he wanted her to like him. america said that shw would be a confidante and a friend and he does not need to pursue her but Maxon will still try.
Illéa, Carolina, Illéa Palace in Angeles
May(america's younger sister), Gerad,Magda-america's mom,Shalom singer- dad, kenna and James(4), kota, Prince Maxon Schreave - prince of Illea,aspen Leger, Kamber and Celia,Jemmy, Lena (aspen's mom) , Herrick(aspen's dad/deceased) , King Clarkson,
the grateful feasts - time to celebrate the forming of Illéa, to rejoice in the fact that we were still here.
Mr. Gavril Fadaye!
Selected Daughter of Illea
Miss Elayna Stoles of Hansport, Three.”
“Miss Tuesday Keeper of Waverly, Four.
“Miss Fiona Castley of Paloma, Three.”
Marlee Tames of Kent. A Four.
Ashley Brouillette of Allens, Three.
Celeste Newsome of Clermont, Two,
Emmica Brass and Samantha Lowell
anna farmer - 4
Elayna, fiona, olivia, Natalie
elayna and leah
Camille, Mikaela, and Laila - out of the compe.22
AMY, FIONA, AND TALLULAH - out (19 left)
Kayleigh, Elizabeth, and Emily
remaining six - marlee,kriss,celeste, natalie,elise,america
adele - amberly's older sister
Lacey - Natalie's sister
spencer - gregory's deceased son
Abby Tamblin Illea - Prince Justin Illea, Porter Schreave
Natalie Luca and Elise Whisks
Orabella and Noemi - two of the princess’s cousins from Italy
8 - no caste, those born without marriage. Lucy, Anne, and Mary, - america's maids, justin- maxon's butler,
Margareta Stines(mentioned), tenile digger(mentioned)
mitsy (aide), Silvia (in charge of wardrobe et.al)
5 - artists,
6 - servants
everyone has a number that you grow into. 1 is the highest and they are royals. they got the form for the selection and --'s mother is excited that she get to attend it. her mother is tense that summer is ending and soon they will be faced with a cold. their family's income is based on the changing season. she and mother sing and perform on the piano while May and her dad sells their art. Gerad does not have talent yet. her mother had a lot of things she have to carry but she still don't want to sign the form because of the things that she love. the form is for anyone between the right age
who woule be willing to join the selection for the queen. One woman from each province will be drawn at random to meet the prince. The families of the participants will be compensated as well.
Princessess is married to another country while princes are made to marry common people to solidify bond.
America met with Aspen, He is a six which is a lower caster than her. Aspen is gorgeous and America loves her for nearly 2 years. Aspen does everything for his family. He wants America to try and enter the selection. Afterwards, America sang for her
and Aspen gave her a penny for each time. America saves all this penny in a jar.
America's mother gave her a proposal that she can accept work alone and get half of the earnings she makes. America fills out the form
“America, if you loved an Eight, I’d want you to marry him. But you should know that love can wear away under the stress of being married. Someone you think you love now, you might start to hate when he couldn’t provide for you. And if you couldn’t take care of your children, it’d be even worse. Love doesn’t always survive under those types of circumstances.”
“But no matter what, I want you to be loved. You deserve to be loved. And I hope you get to marry for love and not a number.”
America talked to Gerad who haven't found his talent in art yet. she goads him to continue trying to figure it out but what Gerad really wants is to play ball.
America went to submit their forms early and met Aspen's mother and sisters who are also there to submit forms. they learned that thye chose the winners not on the lottery. America heard from Lena that Aspen is happy and saving money for marriage. this made her very happy.
They listened to the report on tv from the royal family. she saw the prince as well as her mother who used to be a four.Gavril interviewd Prince Maxon regarding the selection. during the night aspen visited her and their stolen moments is enough to get America through today.
America made Aspen a feast but Aspen declined and decided not to coninue what they have because he doesn't want America to be a six. America is one of the chosen in the 35 selected applicants.
Aspen congratulated America and they had an argument.America gave Aspen back all his pennies.
America was going to the place. she saw aspen with brenna and they looked happy. She is done with Aspen's games. Aspen called her before she go with hurt in his eyes but she was led away.
America met 3 of the girls she is going to compete with. when their plane arrived she saw signs and heard people calling her name. she was able to make it through the day without embarassing herself.
America finished her interview and had a tour on the palace. She then went to her bedroom and lay there. they then watch themselves on screen after the report and they see America as a threat.
America was hated by a lot of the girls and she sought out advice from Marlee. She missed her family and felt caged in the palace so she wanted to go outside but barred by the guards. she then collapsed in the guard's arms and then the Prince saw them. He let her go outside. America was loose on her words and told the prince how shallow the contest is but due to how sincere the prince is, America's disgust with him lessened. The prince asked her not to tell what happened to anyone since they are not allowed to see each other until tomorrow.
Everyone prepares for the first time that they will see the prince. They teach the girls about etiquette and table manners. Prince Maxon talked to each of the girls. America told him that she likes someone else but she could be his confidante. 8 of the girls were sent home. only 27 are left.
America made a bargain with the prince that if her sister cried because of strawberry tarts that she'll get to wear pants for a week and if not she owes the prince a walk in the grounds. they wrote letters to their family. On their date, they talked about America's family. America thought that Maxon would do something to her so she kneed her in the thigh. Maxon was sad that America thinks that of her. When she got back in her room, Maxon gave her a gift of pants which she requested.
Rebels came in the palace. there are 2 kinds. the northerners and southerners. she learned about lucy's story and fear with the rebels
Maxon and America have a secret communication where they touch their ear which meant Maxon will see her later. Maxon was interviewed by Gavril and explained that she'll keep someone for quite a while.
America and Maxon went to the garden. Maxon has a lot of concenrs but one of which is that there is a chance that he can't find his soulmate in the selection or that girl might not love him. Maxon promised America that he'll keep her as long as she wants or needed to escape from Aspen.
Girls are worried that some of them have not dated the prince yet. Anna was provoked by Celeste to hurt her which made Anna leave.
History lessons with the Girls and how Illea became the name of the country because of Gregory Illea. Maxon took pictures with each of the girls for a magazine. they heard of another attack and someone came to get Maxon's advice. America sent a note to see Maxon. they talked about the country and how education is not enough because people do criminal acts also because they are starving just like her family cannot have leftovers for they always want more. Maxon kissed her forehead and went away.
The prince announced about the changes in compensation. 4 and lower still get support but smaller but 2 and 3's don't get compensation anymore. America will be doing her interview with Gavril. she learned from her maids that the reason Janelle was sent out is that she said unkind things of America. Many believed that America was the Prince's favorite and many of the girls is copying her. Celeste saw her dress and wanted it so she tore one of the sleeves. Maxon announced about the new project he is working on to feed people from the lower caste and that donation can also be done. America's interview became personal and she called the prince maxon accidentally. when asked to describe Maxon he said that he is good and will be a phenomenal king. Maxon visited him later taht evening. Maxon and America kissed for the first time..and the second time to remove the memory of the bad one. america said yes to a possiblity for them. :0
“I’m not so stupid as to believe that you’ve completely forgotten about your former boyfriend. I know what you’ve gone through and that you’re not exactly here under the normal circumstances. I know you think there are others here more suited for me and this life, and I wouldn’t want you to rush into trying to be happy with any of this. I just… I just want to know if it’s possible…”
It was a hard question to answer. Would I be willing to live a life I’d never wanted? Would I be willing to watch as he kindly tried to date the others to be sure he wasn’t making a mistake? Would I be willing to take on the responsibility that he had as a prince? Would I be willing to love him?
“Yes, Maxon,” I whispered. “It’s possible.”
Chapter 19Chapter 19
America was sad when she learned that Maxon also kissed Olivia.kind and queen of swendway as well as the relatives of the royal family visited. she talked to adele and learned more about the queen and how family is family even with different caste.
America learned that Marlee does not have any feelings for Maxon. she wanted her to confess about something more but she just avoided her. Maxon visited America. she saw that Aspen got assigned in the palace. they were shock to see each other.
America played the violin as gift to Kriss but Celeste threw a punch at her and says it was an accident which made Kriss cry. marlee thinks they should do something about her
America tells Maxon about the real Celeste but Maxon does not believe her and even scolded her. Aspen visited her that night and they kissed and much more. America felt like its home.
America learned the truth from Aspen about Brenna and how he loves her. they were attacked again and America brought her maids to the safe place. she was able to contact her family.
Maxon chose 6 girls for the elite. she visited America afterward. he talked about the decision on why ho chose those five and how he feels about america.America felt guilty.America hugged Maxon and they then kissed each other
Aspen visited America and saw that she kept that last penny. Aspen kissed her but america tried to stop him. she said that they cant do that anymore because she is part of the selection. America wants to choose herself because she dont know what she wants at the moment and does not want to be swayed but Aspen will fight for her. America felt like this is the first day of the selection. she is now part of the elite. \
America and the girls have to come up with a philantrophy project but America doesn't have a clue. Maxon wants America to decide whether she wants the role, workload and him faster because there is less time. they fought and Maxon left and will just go visti Kriss instead.
America read the diary again and learned the history about Illea's hero gregory and how he sold his daughter to attain his dreams to be a king. America wanted to know what Maxon is made of to make a decision. He looked for Maxon and saw him kissing Celeste. America was mortified. Maxon saw her and followed her to her room. they fought. America wanted to go home but Maxon does not permit it. But against all that, America still do want him. America does not want to win anymore but she ahve to out with a bang.
America prepares for her presentation and even made her maids make her an innocent dress. she wanted to eliminate all the caste and this made the king angry. he wanted to remove her from the competition immediately but Maxon intervened. they learned that Natalie's sister died through rebel attacks.
Rebels attacked the palace and Maxon and America hid in one of the chambers. She learned of the lashes that happened to Maxon done by his father and he understood him more. America cleaned his wounds. Maxon asked her why she's not asking about Kriss and Celeste.
Maxon talked about Kriss and how she'd been there and have been consistent and wonderful. He explained that he just wanted to have 15 minutes to feel normal. they told each other that they cared about each other. they kissed and wanted the moment to last. America figured that maybe the northerners are trying to find a specific book in the diary. Maxon gave him his bracelet again.
the guards came and they woke up. America will be leaving the elite. she told her maids that she is leaving the selection. She explained to Aspen that she needs time to choose him again because her heart just got broken.
America is going to leave the palace. but when she was about to, maxon came and said that he had spoken to his father and could let her stay if she is in her good behavior. America decided that she will fight for him. the king came and visit her, belittling her.this made America angry that he is just a tyrant king. America came back to her room to tell her maids the good news and that she will fight for Maxon. The maids will make a plan to help her.
House Stark is one of the Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms and is the principal house of the North. Its seat is at Winterfell, one of the oldest castles in the Seven Kingdoms. Its coat of arms displays a grey direwolf running on a white field, and itswords are Winter is Coming. House Stark ruled as the Kings of the North for centuries until House Targaryenconquered Westeros, and the Starks chose to submit to their authority and were made major lords. Since Aegon's Landing, the Starks have been the Lords of Winterfell, Lords Paramount of the North, and Wardens of the North.
Fifteen years before the events of the series, Lyanna Stark and Prince Rhaegar Targaryen disappeared. House Stark treated this as an abduction and protested. In response King Aerys II Targaryen executed Lord Stark and his son Brandon. Eddard became Lord of Winterfell and joined his friend Robert Baratheon in rebellion to save Lyanna and avenge his father and brother. Although Robert was crowned king and the Targaryens were killed or exiled, Lyanna died. By A Game of Thrones, Eddard and his wife Catelyn, of House Tully, have had five children: Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon. Eddard also acknowledges one illegitimate son, Jon Snow.
Throughout the series, the Starks are scattered by the events of the War of the Five Kings, and the members that are still alive are in very different situations. The fate of the House remains uncertain, as most believe that all the legitimate Stark sons are dead and Winterfell was burned by Ramsey (Snow) Bolton in A Clash of Kings.